The Next Big Idea: Approaches to Innovation in the Corporate and Startup Worlds
Innovation means new approaches to old challenges. Though everyone wants to apply fresh thinking, often we stay stuck with what has come before us.
Corporations often have ample resources, but with detailed policies and procedures, progress can be held up with red tape.
Startups on the other hand, have the agility to move toward a big idea with speed, but have to balance long-term vision with urgent daily tasks that can become overwhelming.
So how do we balance the scales and work together toward progress?
This panel will bring in corporations and startups alike to discuss differing approaches to innovation and how they can work together and learn from each other to more effectively meet their long term goals.
- Phil Charron, Executive Vice President, Think Company
- Lisha Davis, Head of the Innovation Studio, Vanguard
- Matt Gillin, Cofounder and CEO, Relay
- Ebony Lee, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Development, Comcast
- Kate Merton, Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS
- Moderated By Laurie Actman, Chief Marketing, Communications and Program Officer, Penn Center for Innovation
This session is brought to you by: